Safkhet Publishing ~ Summer Reads

Monday 28 October 2013

Manic Monday Update.


I’ve been running so hard trying to catch up, I was sure I’d meet myself coming back. Aaargh! I’m not sure the world is ready for two of me. So, finally, my To Do list is now up-to-date … ish. My Tbr pile is about to be tackled, before it topples and I’m found not-so beautifully pressed between books. I’ve submitted my latest MA module assignment, three scenes of a stage-play. Yay! I’m using characters from A Little Bit of Madness. I can’t wait to see it acted out by real flesh and blood actors! The characters are real flesh and blood to me, or course, the mad author. How fabulous will it be to see them climb off the page and tread the boards, though? All in all, I’ve been so busy I swear I haven’t had time to breathe. I’m not complaining, however. I might be too busy to remember to eat, but I’m doing what I want to and I’m therefore a happy (if slightly demented) bunny!

So, what’s next? Well, I’m joining some fabulous authors at the Festival of Romance in Bedford (8th – 10th Nov). I’ll be bobbing about, as I do, from the Lovehappyending Lifestyle table at the Saturday Book Fair to the Safkhet Publishing table, but I’ll be amongst talented company. For info, there’s an Audience with Katie Fforde in the same hall (the Harper Suite, Bedford Corn Exchange). You can’t get much more talented than that. I’ll be reading from one of my books (I’m not sure which yet) at The Baby Shower in the afternoon. I possibly won't be quite as fabulous as Katie, but I’ll do my very best! Full details of authors attending can be found here: Festival of Romance - Authors and the full itinerary can be found here: Festival of Romance 2013

It promises to be a fantastic event. At the conference on Sunday, publishers and industry experts discuss the burning issues for the romantic fiction industry – and writers get an opportunity to meet publishers one to one. If you haven’t got your tickets yet, what are you waiting for? Go here: Festival of Romance

Before that, on the 4th November, I’ll be one of the authors at the Safkhet Soul Virtual Tour organised by wonderful Carol Wright at Dizzy Little C’s Book Blog. We’d love to see you there. Details can be found here:

 
On the subject of tours, I’d like, once again, to thank JB Johnston of Brook Cottage Books for her sterling work in organising my fabulously successful Romantic Heroes Tour recently. Thanks to JB’s meticulous planning and fun participation, the tour was an absolute blast. Thank you, too, to all those lovely people who stopped by to comment (lots) and join in. Extra big thanks to reviewers and bloggers who gave of their precious time to read my books and post some truly lovely, humbling reviews. It’s thanks to you all I’m still here!

That’s it, pretty much … I think. I’m sure I must have forgotten something. Ooooh, yes, I’m supposed to write books, aren’t I? Whoops. Back to the keyboard it is then.

 
HAVE A LOVELY WEEK ALL!  xxx
 
 

2 comments:

Deedee said...

Hey Sheryl it was an absolute pleasure organising the tour! I had as much fun as everyone else! Looking forward to catching up properly in Bedford! xxxx

Sheryl Browne said...

Me too, JB! It's going to be FAB! :) xx